Thursday, November 21, 2013

Jumpstarting and Paying it Forward: Auckland Picture Party

You know how you've watched over your kids and their playmates and found them so adorable you just want them to stay little forever? Well, I can't stop them from growing but taking their pictures might be the next best thing.







Just call your girlfriends and arrange a play date.  They will only pay $60/child for 5 high resolution files or $80/child for 10-12 high resolution files.  You get your child's pictures for FREE! How about that?!  I will take around 15 minutes photographing each child and every parent will receive different sets of photos.

The proceeds of this series will be donated to rehabilitation efforts for the communities struck by the typhoon Haiyan.

The Philippines, my home country, is no stranger to typhoons.  We actually experience around 20 of those every year.  But typhoon Haiyan is different.  It was so powerful and destructive that it's actually bringing out both the best and the worst in my people.  Now that my husband and I are no longer there to get our hands dirty and volunteer, I dedicate my shoots to all those who survived that ordeal and to all the volunteers who never tire in sharing their time, energy, and resources.  May we all push forward and have the courage to rebuild. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment