Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Consultation: Planning your Outfit for a Photo Session

My friend Bo's family photo session has finally been set and we were counting down the days when we'd all head out to Hamilton for it.  This was going to be their first photo session in a long time so we were all excited.

I gave Bo some tips on what to wear so they'd compliment each other.  You can read all about those tips here.  I offered to help her pick their outfits.  Thanks to the wonders of technology, I was able to assist her via Facebook chat.


We started with one top.  I asked her which top has already been decided on.  She showed me a picture of her teal shirt with plum, orange and beige stripes.  From there, I told her to choose either green or orange for her son's shirt.  It was narrowed down to either a green plaid button-down shirt or an orange graphic t-shirt.  I suggested she went with the orange one cos the plaid shirt would clash with her stripes.



Then we chose between a solid color tank & cardigan combo and an orange dress with bold blue floral prints for her daughter.  I told her to put the choices side by side so we can see how they would all come together.  The blue necklace seemed to overwhelming for a little girl so we decided on a floral beaded necklace that was more age-appropriate.

After a little less than an hour of shuffling and sending snapshots and chatting over Facebook, we came up with this:



They all don't seem like much when they were laid out on the bed.  But see how they look when they were worn by the awesomest bunch I know:



See how a little bit of effort and planning go a long way? :)  More photos from that session here. :)

What do you think of the ensemble? Type in your comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment